Re: Latest Windows update has put an annoying sound for message deletion

Cearbhall O'Meadhra

Arlene,

It does look as though the update had the switch turned on. Did you see the follow-up email from me as to where the switch was?

All the best,

Cearbhall

m +353 (0)833323487 Ph: _353 (0)1-2864623 e: cearbhall.omeadhra@...

I use the free version of Spam Reader to get rid of spam. The Professional version doesn't have this disclaimer in outgoing emails. Try Spam Reader for free now!

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Arlene
Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2017 11:31 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Latest Windows update has put an annoying sound for message deletion

That’s cause I put it there! Loll. Just kidding. That’s got to suck. If you turned it off and it’s still there. is there a way in the settings where you can really make sure it’s off? Did the settings get somehow changed and you did not know it?

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Cearbhall O'Meadhra
Sent: July-20-17 1:29 AM
To:
nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Latest Windows update has put an annoying sound for message deletion

Hi, Quentin,

I received an automatic update to my Windows 10 last night and now there is an annoying descending sound every time I delete a message in my Inbox. This was silent yesterday and I cannot find how to turn it off! It is not the warning for permanently deleting messages. I turned that off and it made no difference.

The sound also comes when I delete text from within a message.

The sound is interfering with NVDA and is most annoying. Any ideas?

All the best,

Cearbhall

m +353 (0)833323487 Ph: _353 (0)1-2864623 e: cearbhall.omeadhra@...

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.