website. It is not the speech engine that is causing the problem. Hi
appreciate any help.

Darrin Reid

On Jul 21, 2017, at 9:23 AM, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

I'll let those who know more about the internal configuration of NVDA
discuss the matter further. I suspect there is an NVDA ini file you can
change in Notepad so you can have the default synthesizer come up.
Depending on how much customization you've done on NVDA, trying that
solution before uninstalling and reinstalling might save work and
inconvenience.

From: Darrin Reid via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, July 21, 2017 8:13 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Error message

You are correct. If I continue to click on the, OK button, on the
information screen, it eventually stops popping up. However, there is no
voice when NVDA is activated. Then, when I hit any key on the keyboard,
the error message pops up again. It will not allow me to hit any keys
while NVDA is activated. No matter what key I press, the error message
pops up. To this point, I cannot get the NVDA the DA interface window to
open at all.

Darrin Reid

On Jul 21, 2017, at 9:00 AM, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

I'm not sure how you get back to the default settings. I had the
impression that if you activate the ok button perhaps many times, the
dialog goes away. But then what happens? Are you saying you then have
no speech or does something else happen. You haven't given, as far as I
recall, a detailed description of just what happens such as, When I run
NVDA I get the error message. If I get rid of the error message, I then
have no speech. I'm not saying that happens but just what does? And if
I have written what happens, what happens if you use the command control
NVDA key s then wait a moment, type the letter e and press enter. Does
the default e-speak voice come up? You say you can't open the interface.

With more information, we might be able to help further. Also, to try to
see what is going on, if you can't get into the interface, or to make
sure if you can or not, try running Narrator if you lose NVDA speech or
you can't tell what is going on. It will do no harm running both
screen-readers at once. Also, you may need to uninstall NVDA, you can
run Narrator to do this, then remove all left over remnants and reinstall
it so the default voice is used, but let's see if we can solve the
problem without doing so first.