Re: Problem with reading pdf

afrim maja <afrim.maja@...>

if it is a long text book, NVDA will certainly hang. It does that on microsoft word too.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 10, 2016, at 7:24 AM, Kevin Chao <kevinchao89@...> wrote:

I'm able to read it fine in Chrome using Drive PDF viewer or opening in Google Docs. It's long but looks like it's a textbook, so that's expected.

On Sat, Apr 9, 2016 at 9:59 PM Mr. Wong Chi Wai, William <cwwong.pro@...> wrote:

Brian Vogel 於 10/4/2016 2:22 寫道:

William,

           If this document is not private in nature would you e-mail it to me?  I want to see what happens with the various PDF Viewers I have on my Windows 10 box.

           It is unusual that you can open it on an iPad and have it read unless there is some sort of setting for the iPad reader that makes it run OCR on image PDF files automatically before opening.

           If people have PDF files that they know contain text, but were either scanned a long time ago as image PDFs or more recently by someone who didn't even know that they could use a scanner with an OCR feature to create text-searchable PDFs by scanning, I recommend PDF-XChange Viewer simply to do OCR on them.  It's not friendly as a full-service PDF reader, but the basic "open document, run OCR, save document with text layer" sequence is easily accessible.  Then you can use the PDF reader program of your choice to read the resulting OCR processed file.