From: "The Gamages" <james.gamage@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, July 21, 2017 4:09 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] mail app not opening

Hello,

Here's a strange update on my mail app froblem.

I was using Google chrome, not on a website just looking at a list of
options, suddenly the speakers gave a prolonged sound, as if something
was shorting out, the sound lasted about two minutes, luckily someone
else was looking at the screen at the time and there was a message
saying something like, "your system has encountered a problem,, we will
try to find a solution and restart your computer".
The sound eventually stopped and the computer re started, to my
surprise, the mail app was back and the computer was more responsive
than it had been for some time, I don't really want to say more as it
will probably mess up again.

It seems that there certainly was something very wrong with my system
and I'm fairly sure it came about because of updates.
I am at a loss to explain what happened, but will cross my fingers and
hope for the best.

As to Narator, I can't, for the life of me, understand why we should
have to learn a whole new set of keystrokes to do tasks such as going
through a document by line, word or character, when the old keystrokes
such as up and down arrow, left and right arrow, control and arrow keys,
worked perfectly well before, and they are Microsoft keystrokes.
Narrator is useful when nothing else will work.
It all reminds me of something I heard a while back about the very
clever people who surround us these days,they can work out the capacity
of a biscuit tin in their head, but they haven't a clue how to get the
lid off.

Best Regards, Jim.