Re: Announcing Project Pylennium: porting NVDA code base, dependencies, and developer attitudes to Python 3.6.x

thanks for good news joseph and brian.
do you continue supporting of xp?
i became worried when i read the message for the first time.
God bless you all!

Sounds sensible. At least this will preserve xp etc with the old Python for

as long as possible. One thing you do not say, which may be obvious to you,

but perhaps not to the average user is..
What are the reasons for change.
is it that its going to be faster, 64 bit or has better ways of doing stuff

nvda needs to be able to do in the future?
Obviously not in your remit is that at some point an agreed last working
version of the old NVDA that can work on xp etc is going to have to be made

available and then when add ons are updated, those that will and won't run
on the old version will need to be noted and if possible trapped by the old

version so it cannot be scrambled by an add on.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-