Re: Issues with some Espeak languages

hi.
i tried both "automatic language switching" on and off and for me the
result was the same.

On 7/22/17, Kara Goldfinch <kara.louise18@gmail.com> wrote:
It sounds to me like someone's marked up the document or paragraphs to
be in those languages, and NVDA's picking up on it because of the
"automatic language switching" option in voice settings.

Try turning that option off and reading them again.

Kara

On 22/07/2017 10:51, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
I've just been having some issues with the English Espeak today. In
some pdfs and word documents some words get spoken as if the language
of the synth has suddenly changed to French or Spanish, so normal
words read on other synths sound well foreign. If only I could come
up with a sure fire way of demonstrating this, I'd raise a ticket, as
it may well be related in that if some code in the file is changing
the actual way nvda is interacting with characters when its not
supposed to, its going to create problems. of course it could be that
nvda is outputting illegal characters to the synths and some just
ignore these but espeak uses them. This might be something as simple
as the bit mask for changes in a variable is not correct so higher
bits are read in inappropriate situations.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-