Re: Several windows 10 users have got..

Ronald J Glaser

I would say you could because i changed the behavior of windows 10 and yes you should be able to do this. but right now I can't remember where i went to do this.

On 7/22/2017 6:01 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 03:49 pm, Arlene wrote:
If you don't want the updates and only want to select the ones you
want. Can you hide them like you can with 7?
No, you cannot.  Microsoft has changed their update philosophy, and wisely in my opinion, to be that "we actually know what our OS needs in terms of updates - end users do not."

The ability to pick and choose updates is being retroactively removed from Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 7 as well if the tech press is correct.  I'm surprised that it hasn't been done already, and it probably has on machines that have automatic updating turned on or where updates are all downloaded and the user chooses when to apply them.

It is expected under Windows 10 that all updates will be applied and that your machine will be kept on the latest version of Windows 10 as those versions are released and rolled out to cohorts of machines in cycles over a period of months.

            Niels Bohr

--
a friend like you
makes the darkness bright!