Re: books to download from within nvda?

Hi Katty,

People are more than welcome to create an add-on for this, as I believe NVDA should be good at what it does: screen reading, not a one-stop tool for everything (as a developer (not the lead), I think NVDA should be faithful to its duties). I do understand that some may object to this, but I think it is important to note that screen readers alone will not solve life’s problems – users must be proactive in seeking out information.

I will stress this at a conference soon.

Cheers,

Joseph

Sent: Sunday, April 10, 2016 10:26 AM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] books to download from within nvda?

Hi Joseph

Thanks for this information. I don't know if you are a developer of nvda or an user like me. But if you are developer of nvda: will this feature be in future versions of nvda or not?

Best, Katty

Van: Joseph Lee [mailto:joseph.lee22590@...]
Verzonden: zondag 10 april 2016 19:01
Aan: nvda@groups.io
Onderwerp: Re: [nvda] books to download from within nvda?

Hello Katty,

The feature you speak of isn’t available in NVDA at this time.

Cheers,

Joseph

Sent: Sunday, April 10, 2016 6:15 AM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: [nvda] books to download from within nvda?

Hi

I don't know if this is already possible with nvda or if this is a planned feature. But I have both nvda and Supernova installed on my machine. In supernova you have a books shelf and you can connect with online books services (like Anderslezen.be and Passendlezen.nl from within supernova.  In this way I could download my daisy-books within supernova. Is there a similar function in nvda or is it planned? The handy thing of this way of downloading daisy-books is, that there's no need for unzipping folders. In supernova the sources of online books services are limited, I e.g. only can connect with services from the Netherlands and Belgium.  In the menu there's also a section news, podcasts, … But I can't add podcasts myself as sources I want to follow. And sometimes there are problems with books I want to download that Supernova don't solve within a short time period. That's why I am wondering if nvda has similar functionalities.

Thanks for the info.

Best, Katty

------------------

https://google.com/+KattyGeltmeyer

http://kattykrabbelt.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.