Re: how do I go nomail?

Gene

If you have set up an account, that may be the place to do so.

Below my signature is a list of e-mail commands for managing the NVDA list bby e-mail.  Will people please save the following information for reference?  I've sent it out once or twice in the past.  I'm not trying to give people a hard time, but there are certain things that should be kept.

Gene
To stop receiving messages via email (you may still read messages on the Web), send an email to:
nvda+nomail@nvda.groups.io
To resume normal delivery, send a message to:
nvda+single@nvda.groups.io

Note that if you go nomail, you can resume delivery by sending a command for the kind of delivery you want, the command given above for individual message delivery or either of the digest commands.

Posting To This Group

Email Delivery Options
----------------------

To receive plain digests instead of individual messages send an email to:
nvda+digest@nvda.groups.io

To receive full featured digests instead of individual messages send an email to:
nvda+fulldigest@nvda.groups.io

To receive individual messages instead of digests, send an email to:
nvda+single@nvda.groups.io

To stop receiving messages via email (you may still read messages on the Web), send an email to:
nvda+nomail@nvda.groups.io

Contacting The Group Owner
--------------------------

To contact the owners of this group, send an email to:
nvda+owner@nvda.groups.io

Cheers,
The Groups.io Team

Amended copy2
A number of people keep leaving and then subscribing again later, Sometimes on the same day, sometimes a number of days later. This is unnecessary and inefficient.  You can stop receiving mail by going no mail.  You can resume delivery whenever you want.  It is also inefficient in terms of having mail delivered you send to the list.

As an antispam measure, Groups.io has instituted a policy that cannot be changed.  Every new member must have the first message he/she sends to the group approved before it or any later message reaches the list.  That's to avoid spambots sending mail that would otherwise reach the list.  The owner or moderators of a list can clearly tell what is spam and simply not approve it.  After the first message by a member is approved, nothing more needs approval before it reaches the list.

Here are a list of common e-mail commands to perform tasks related to the list.  The list also contains a brief explanation of how to resume delivery.
The list begins below my signature.  It is from Groups.IO help.

I have added the part about how to resume after going nomail.

Gene

To go nomail Send an e-mail to
nvda+nomail@nvda.groups.io
To resume with normal delivery send an e-mail to
nvda+single@nvda.groups.io
To receive plain digests instead of individual messages after going no mail,  send an email to:
nvda+digest@nvda.groups.io
To receive full featured digests after going no mail send an e-mail to
nvda+fulldigest@nvda.groups.io

Note that all of these commands can be used both to resume delivery in the form you wish or they can be used to change the form of delivery if you are already receiving mail.

Here is the full list of commands, as sent by Groups.IO help.
Posting To This Group

Email Delivery Options