From: Gene
Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 7:36 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Help with Find command

NVDA numpad 6 is an object navigation command to move to the next object.  It sounds to me as though you want to read the status line.  The command to read the status line is NVDA key end.  I don't use word so I don't know if that is where the information will be displayed but using the read next object command is unlikely to just happen to move you to such information in circumstances like this.

Based on what you are hearing, there is no next or previous object where you are.  If you are in a dialog, you may be able to move up and down in the dialog by using the read previous line and read next line.  Those commands are just plain numpad 4 and just plain Numpad 6.  If you don't understand the difference between the different ways of reviewing text on screen, I can send you a link to a tutorial where such matters are explained.  I haven't looked at the sections of the tutorial to cover the information but the tutorial is popular.

Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 9:26 PM
Subject: [nvda] Help with Find command

I’m working with some documents in MS Word 2016 and having trouble with the “Find” command, I am pressing Control/F and entering the text I am looking for. Then I press NVDA/numpad 6 to hear the number of occurrences of the text I am looking for. That’s the part I can’t get to work. NVDA/numpad 6 is just telling me “no next”. If I try NVDA/numpad 4, I get “no previous”. What am I missing? Thanks.