Hearing new text in terminal emulator

Pettyjohn, Chris G. (FTC)

Hi,

I’m using MicroFocus Reflection terminal emulator. How can I get NVDA to automatically speak  the new text that is scrolled onto the screen.  I have Report Dynamic Content changes turned on. But NVDA is silent as the new data appears on the screen.  Also, the text that I type at the prompt does not speak as I type.

In Window-Eyes there was a method that I tapped into called OnChildClipRendered which tracked all the text displayed to the screen.  Is there something similar in NVDA.

I need for the new text to speak as it is displayed to the screen.

Thanks,

Chris