From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2017 11:19 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Hearing new text in terminal emulator

I doubt it.  NVDA doesn't have any sort of speak all command as JAWS and Window-eyes do to automatically speak text as it appears nor does NVDA have anything like what are called hyperactive Windows in Window-eyes or frames in JAWS that you can set to speak parts of the screen automatically as text changes.  NVDA is scripted, if that is the correct way to describe it, to automatically speak new text in some cases such as in the command prompt window.  But if you want it to do so in cases where it doesn't, I am not aware of any way to make it do so.  You may be able to have someone who works on projects cause NVDA to do what you want in the program.  I don't know where you would make such an inquiry.

Meantime, Window-eyes will still be able to be used for quite some time and you may want to use it for this specific purpose while swoitching to NVDA in general.

Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2017 12:22 PM

Subject: [nvda] Hearing new text in terminal emulator

Hi,

I’m using MicroFocus Reflection terminal emulator. How can I get NVDA to automatically speak  the new text that is scrolled onto the screen.  I have Report Dynamic Content changes turned on. But NVDA is silent as the new data appears on the screen.  Also, the text that I type at the prompt does not speak as I type.

In Window-Eyes there was a method that I tapped into called OnChildClipRendered which tracked all the text displayed to the screen.  Is there something similar in NVDA.

I need for the new text to speak as it is displayed to the screen.

Thanks,

Chris