From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2017 11:38 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Hearing new text in terminal emulator

Is there any reason that NVDA can't, for technical reasons have a screen echo setting like JAWS does to echo new text as it appears on screen?  In JAWS this setting is manually turned on with JAWS key s and you set the screen echo to all using this command.  A long time ago, I used to use this option to read text as it changed in Hyperterminal.  As I recall, It didn't read the entire screen every time text changed.  It would read what changed.

If this command is going to be properly useful, a command to skip lines when reading in this way and another command to move back by line and continue reading from where you moved back or forward to would be necessary.  Just having everything new read without  move back and forward commands would significantly detract from the feature.  But not having such a feature is a limitation of NVDA that may be significant for some users.