Re: some more help

Jacques <lists4js@...>

There is a utility called Door Control that will do it. Below is a short description, followed by the URL from where to download it. The utility also works under Windows 10.

When using the computer on a daily basis, we often have to open and close the DVD drive door. However, this can be a bit of a hassle if the computer case is be under the table or if we have a laptop with the awkward side DVD drive door.
The Door Control software will help you resolve these issues. The software shows the button for opening and closing the DVD drive door in the system menu. A single click will open or close the DVD drive door. You may also assign a hotkey for this function. In comparison with similar software, Door Control uses a special algorithm to recognise whether the doors are open or closed. A single click is enough to open or close the DVD drive door.
The user may customise the colour of the button, assign a hotkey and launch the software at system start-up. The Door Control software is very small and uses a very small amount of RAM for its operation.

Download link:
http://www.digola.com/setupdoorcontrol.zip

On 30/07/2017 16:40, Tony Ballou wrote:
Hi Sakina,
In all of my years of being around these things and that's plenty of them grins, to my knowledge, there has never been a command for closing a CD-Rom drive with a shortcut key. It's one of those things that you just have to do by hand.
Tony
On 7/30/2017 10:19 AM, Sakina wrote:

Hello Nasreen,

Your guidance below worked for me very well.

use press application key when your external drive is focused and find eject and press enter!

I am wondering if there is any keyboard commands that will close the CD draw after the disc is being ejected and removed.

I am manually pushing the draw to close.

Any help from any member will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all again and with many regards

Sakina