NVDA IS SLUGGISH

Heaven Botma <heaven@...>

Dear group

I have NVDA 2017.2, Windows 10, the Creators’ Update and MS Office 2010 on my laptop.  I have recently been experiencing the following problems:

When I type, NVDA has a lag. I have completed typing a word and NVDA is still spelling the word I have already typed.  This happens on the iinternet, in MS office or wherever I am.

The other problem is that when I try to open icons on the the desktop, or on the internet, NVDA is late in announcing things, so I enter on the wrong icon since the cursor is already on an icon ahead of the one NVDA announces.  Eg:  I have 3 icons starting with “t” on the desktop, “TW Blue”, “Tap In Radio” and “This PC”.  NVDA will announce “This PC” but the cursor is on “TW Blue”, therefore I open the wrong thing.

I am using Speeech player in e-speak’s Edward voice as the synthesiser.

What can I do to solve this?

Kind regards