From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Rob
Sent: Sunday, 30 July 2017 8:19 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Document Scanner

Gene <gsasner@ripco.com> wrote:
I'm very skeptical that Kurzweil; or Openbook provide either better recognition or recognition that is better enough to pay those exhorbitant prices for.
Kurzweil uses fine reader as its OCR engine, anyway. What you gain is better fine tuning of the OCR process. With the commercial version of FR, this is done by drawing blocks around the image portion, highlighting and enhancing. In Kurzweil, you can do this by using its optimize scanning features, which can be useful for old documents and blurry print.