Re: FW: [nvda-spl] SPL add-on 17.08.1 emergency patch is rolling out along with August 1st snapshots #addonrelease

Christopher-Mark Gilland <clgilland07@...>

Thanks Joseph.

I indeed do! use SPL, so I will grab this.

Chris.

---
Christopher Gilland
Co-founder of Genuine Safe Haven Ministries

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, July 31, 2017 10:37 PM
Subject: [nvda] FW: [nvda-spl] SPL add-on 17.08.1 emergency patch is rolling out along with August 1st snapshots #AddonRelease

Hi all,

If you are using SPL add-on, please read the below notice to the end and apply the emergency update at your earliest convenience (preferably prior to your next broadcast). Thanks.

From: nvda-spl@nvda-spl.groups.io [mailto:nvda-spl@nvda-spl.groups.io] On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: Monday, July 31, 2017 7:35 PM
To: nvda-spl@nvda-spl.groups.io
Subject: [nvda-spl] SPL add-on 17.08.1 emergency patch is rolling out along with August 1st snapshots #AddonRelease

Hi all,

SPL add-on 17.08.1 emergency patch and snapshot builds for August 1st are now rolling out (you’ll need to wait about half an hour for 17.08.1 to show up on stable channel). This update fixes the following:

• Critical regression: NVDA will no longer fail to cause Studio to play the first track when an encoder is connected. The ultimate cause was a dispute between Windows API and a background task used to let Studio play the first track when the encoder is encoding. See https://github.com/josephsl/stationplaylist/issues/37 for details.

This fix is also applied to today’s Test Drive builds. As this is a critical update, I advise everyone (except those on 15.x LTS) to apply these updates (for various channels) as soon as possible (preferably prior to your next broadcast).

Cheers,

Joseph

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.