Re: Thunderbird Add On To Allow First Letter Navigation For Folders

Kevin Cussick

hi, did this and nothing thanks.

On 02/08/2017 22:57, Gene New Zealand wrote:
Hi
After it has been installed make sure you close all tabs ang go back to the tree view.
Also after it has been installed and the tabs closed with ctrl + w you must restart thunder bird.
It is working nicely here but have not tried it with my other 3 accounts but i guess it will work nicely.
Gene nz
On 8/3/2017 9:37 AM, Kevin Cussick via Groups.Io wrote:
Ok, must be stupid but here goes I press f6 to get into the tree view of all my accounts folders and so on. I type nvda and nothing happens sorry what am I doing wrong? I use the in box for all mails if this helps.

On 02/08/2017 15:43, Tony Ballou wrote:
Hi don,

I hear ya man. Perhaps they will add additional functionality to it in
a future release as the developers receive feedback. BTW, were you able
to get the links to read on web pages the right way?

Tony

On 8/2/2017 10:33 AM, Don H wrote:
only problem I see with this addon is that if you have more than one
email address in the folder list it doesn't let you know which Email
address you are in. for example I have a send folder and a stuff
folder in one set of folders for one Email addddress. If you
accidently hit s three times you are now in the send folder on the
second Email address but there is no indication that you moved from
one Email address to another.

On 8/2/2017 9:23 AM, Gerardo Corripio wrote:
Working great! Have installed the AddOn here on my Thunderbird latest.

El 02/08/2017 a las 09:22 a.m., Tony Ballou escribió:
Hi Ron,

Sounds good! Will check it out. Outlook express, what a classic!

Tony

On 8/2/2017 1:29 AM, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi Group,

I got this referenced from another list.

There is an add on that allows folder navigation by typing the first
letter and it is called 'quick key folder navigation.' The
description says you have to type the first 3 letters, but if you only
have one folder that begins with the letter key you press, then you
will move right to the folder with just the first key press. I have
installed this and it works great. This restores one of the favorite
features for screen reader users that existed in the venerable and now
largely defunct Outlook Express.

Using Thunderbird, it is easy to install this add on. Just click
tools/add on manager/search for add on. Type in quick folder key
navigation, press enter, then tab to the list of results, highlight
the add on, right click and choose install. Then follow the prompts.
There is no need to browse the Mozilla website for the add on.

--
Image NVDA certified expert