Re: Speak Typed Characters in Google Docs

Andre Fisher

As NVDA is providing the speech output, turning off speech mode will most certainly help. Could you explain why it won’t?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Brandon Peters
Sent: Wednesday, August 2, 2017 9:30 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Speak Typed Characters in Google Docs

I'm sorry, but that will not work. I know from personal experience. Google Docs has its own screen reader API of sorts, and will not let others interfere in any way. If you can pass the key through, press insert z to enable cursor commands in NVDA, however I do not know if this works for certain. You could certainly give it a try though.

On Aug 2, 2017 9:01 PM, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

It may be inconvenient but perhaps the only solution is to stop speech with NVDA key s and they resume speech with NVA key pressed twice after you finish typing.  I don't use Googledocs (spelling) but for now that may be the best solution.

Gene

Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2017 8:18 PM

Subject: [nvda] Speak Typed Characters in Google Docs

So, I don't want to hear the characters that I type in a Google Doc.
i've checked my NVDA keyboard settings and speak typed characters is
definitely set to off, but I'm still hearing it. I've poked around in
Google settings but can't find any solutions to the problem. Can
someone help?