Re: NVDA In-Process

Quentin Christensen

Good question.

The NVDA logo is different to the NV Access logo for several reasons.  Firstly, while NVDA is our main product and what we are known for, keeping the identity of the program separate to the identity of the company gives us scope to branch out into other projects in the future.

Secondly the NV Access logo is relatively complex, making it harder to shrink to something which is easily distinguishable in say a system tray icon.  The NVDA logo is described in the blog.  The NV Access logo will be described on the new site when it's live, for now it's in the e-mail I send out to certified experts.  Essentially it is a sunburst shape - like pointy sun with 16 points, inside that is a diamond with a circle in the middle.  The colours are purple, orange and turquoise.

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 8:01 PM, Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@...> wrote:
What does the nvda image look like.

It doesn't matter to us, but if it is possible to invest in this, if we do have a visual logo for nvaccess maybe that should be the icon seen if we can get it at all.

Its not a big issue as such but if it can be done then it should be, for advertising purposes again I don't care but if we have a graphic logo then it should be easy enough to have it in an icon and that be shipped with the app.

On 3/08/2017 9:11 p.m., Quentin Christensen wrote:
The new icon is what appears visually in the system tray when NVDA is
running, and what appears on the desktop or start menu if you have a
shortcut to the program there.  It doesn't change anything NVDA reads, just
how its launch icon image appears to sighted users.

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 6:12 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <
bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

New Icon?
Brian

bglists@...