From: Gene New Zealand
Sent: Wednesday, August 9, 2017 5:53 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] creating desktop shortcut for mail app

Hi David

the key command to bring up the run dialogue is the windows key + letter R

I just did what it said in the email for the knfb reader and now there is a shortcut on the desk top. I was unaware of this command.

could i put the directions on the windows 10 page up on accessibilitycentral.net? to share with the community.

Gene nz

On 09/08/2017 12:05, David Moore wrote:

Here is how you create Short Cuts for win10 apps on your Desktop!

Press:

CTR+R

To open the run dialog.

Type:

Shell:appsfolder

In a couple of seconds, all of your win10 apps will be in a virticle list.

Press M for Mail, P for people and so on.

When you are on that app, Mail app,

Press:

Applications key or Shift+F10.

Up arrow once to create shortcut and press enter.

You will hear:

A shortcut cannot be created here, do you want to create it on the desktop instead?

Press enter, and the short cut for the Mail app will be right on your desktop.

I will paste an entire tutorial for using the Mail app later tonight for all of you to read.

It is very comprehensive, and can do so much.

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10