Re: running nvda in admin mode?

Sarah k Alawami

Tha's how the developer got the accessibility to work, they ran nvda in admin mode.. I'll try and find the email or you can email xsplit and ask them if this can be changed so it works in regular mode, what ever that's called.

Take care

On Aug 9, 2017, at 8:38 PM, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> wrote:

Can you get / provide more information about what works better when running in Admin mode?  You really shouldn't run programs as administrator for the most part.  The only thing I'm aware of which would work better if NVDA was running as administrator is when running a portable copy of NVDA and accessing other programs which are running with administrator privileges, or secure Windows screens such as the UAC dialog.

Is Xsplit running with admin privileges?

You can run a program as administrator by pressing the windows key, typing the name (NVDA for instance) pressing the applications key to bring up the context menu and choosing "Run as administrator"

On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 8:24 AM, Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@...> wrote:
Hello.  Running xsplit and I talked to one of the devs. They got better accessibility when running nvda in admin mode. How do I run nvda as an administrator again? I forgot.

Using windows 10 over here and the latest snap.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

www.nvaccess.org