Re: Suggestion: Switch from Email List to a Forum

Sarah k Alawami

Oh lol. I actually forgot about that. Goes to show how much I visit that sight eh?

Take care and be blessed.

On Aug 10, 2017, at 10:12 AM, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

Hi,
Believe it or not, portions of what the original poster (not Sarah and
others) is saying has already been fulfilled: Groups.IO is indeed a forum
provider. Although it isn't strictly a web forum, it has all the features of
a basic forum, including a group wiki, calendar of events, databases,
hashtags and what not. Some of the facilities Groups.IO offers can be
accessed from the web, including archive management, administrative tasks,
wiki, calendar event creation and what not.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sarah k
Alawami
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2017 10:09 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Suggestion: Switch from Email List to a Forum

No, if tht is the case I won't participate. I have to memorise enough
passwords already and email for me is more productive as I can take it on
the go or whilest I'm at work.
On Aug 10, 2017, at 8:20 AM, Noah Carver via Groups.Io
<carvernoah309@...> wrote:

Hi,

Okay, I'm not trying to kick the hornet's nest, but would it be more
beneficial to switch from groups.io to a web forum? PunBB, for example, is
very accessible and configurable, and it can be set up to email users when
they get a message from a forum topic that a user has subscribed to.

Cheers,

Noah