Re: running nvda in admin mode?

Hi,

The real copy must be installed in order for it to run in admin mode.

P.S. Won’t respond to other threads at the moment because a fire has erupted in add-ons repositories (see the next post).

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sarah k Alawami
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2017 4:18 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] running nvda in admin mode?

No, I want to run my real copy in admin mode then revert, or maybe I can just keep it there for xsplit broadcaster to run correctly, I dunno.. I could use the portalbe copy but  I will have to keep that updated along wiht the snaps I use.

On Aug 10, 2017, at 3:08 PM, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

Hi,
If I'm reading this thread correctly, what Sarah might be referring to is a way to launch the portable copy of NVDA with admin privileges (UI Access).
To Sarah: whoever is asking you this question, please tell that person that the only "real" way of running NVDA with admin privileges is installing it.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tony Ballou
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2017 3:00 PM
To: 
nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] running nvda in admin mode?

Hi,

To my knowledge, I don't think so, which is why I've always put the shortcut on the desktop.

Tony

On 8/10/2017 1:11 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

I actually don't. Is there a way I can do this from the run dialogue just once then I can revert with  just the normal nvda command? I was going  to ask on the developers list but I seem to have ben removed. I'm using the latest and gratest snap.

Take care

On Aug 10, 2017, at 7:51 AM, Tony Ballou <cyberpro224@...> wrote:

Hi,

If you have NVDA on the desktop, place the focus there and hit the
context menu, from there arrow down to the run as administrator option
hit it and when prompted press alt-y.  Should do the trick.

Tony

On 8/9/2017 6:24 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

Hello.  Running xsplit and I talked to one of the devs. They got better accessibility when running nvda in admin mode. How do I run nvda as an administrator again? I forgot.

Using windows 10 over here and the latest snap.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.