Re: windows 10 app esentials no longer in my preferences in my nvda after the latest update

brian <sackriderbrian45@...>

I just tried to uninstall the latest update of windows 10 esentials and reinstall it it went to internet explorer and when I reinstalled it and there was an update after I installed the add on it took it out of my preferences again. If thats was the update you were talking about it did not fix the problem.

Brian Sackrider

On 8/10/2017 9:48 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
If the add-ons manager says the version of this add-on is some sort of dev, then you are not alone in this situation. I will be rolling out an emergency hotfix that will correct the root cause. This patch will go live in about half an hour from now, assuming that the larger issue of add-on repos is fixed. Until that happens, I advise folks to uninstall the dev version (unless you are using NVDA snapshots) and install this one instead:
https://github.com/josephsl/wintenApps/releases/download/17.08.1/wintenApps-17.08.1A.nvda-addon

Technical: the root cause for WinTenApps was wrong update channel for stable build users, which has been corrected.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of brian
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2017 5:43 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] windows 10 app esentials no longer in my preferences in my nvda after the latest update

This morning when I turned on my computer I heard a message that there was an update for windows app esentials when I down loaded it and I went in to my nvda preferences there was no windows 10 there like there use to be. When I went in to my add on list it is there so how do I get in to it now?

Brian Sackrider

On 8/10/2017 5:53 PM, Rob wrote:
Ever since upgrading to
Windows 10 App Essentials 20170809A-dev there are no sounds or search
suggestions given in the start menu. Previously, you heard a swooshing sound when you pressed the start button; and suggestions were given when you typed. This no longer occurs.
The windows version is
Microsoft Windows
Version 1703 (OS Build 15063.540)