From: "Antony Stone" <antony.stone@nvda.open.source.it>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, August 11, 2017 3:20 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Suggestion: Switch from Email List to a Forum

People do exactly the same on forums - the same questions get asked time and
again, because if someone's not going to do a search in a mailing list
archive, they're not going to do a search in a forum either.

My main gripe about forums (unless they are also a mailing list in some way)
is that I have to log in to it to see if there's anything new which I might
benefit from or be able to answer. That's so much less convenient than having
messages arrive in my inbox (or in fact my NVDA folder) and be able to answer
them as easily as I answer all my other email.

Antony.

On Friday 11 August 2017 at 14:49:05, Chris wrote:

the major down side of an mailing list is that people are lazy, so instead
of going the web interface and doing a basic search for their
issue/problem they will just send off an email rather than making an
effort to find a solution for their issue/problem Hence unnecessary
traffic and frustration for all