Re: Vivaldi Web Browser: First Impressions

Ron Canazzi

Hi Gene,

IT is just another option. My point is that if certain things can be reconfigured, it is usable.  If a small company decides to use this browser as its default, it would be usable.

On 8/13/2017 7:15 AM, Gene wrote:
But is there any reason to use it?  I looked at the description of the browser on the web site and most of the things discussed seem to be of interest to sighted users and of little or no benefit to blind users.  The one thing I saw in the description is the notes feature and that is available in Chrome so that advantage may be of short duration.

Sent: Sunday, August 13, 2017 5:57 AM
Subject: [nvda] Vivaldi Web Browser: First Impressions

Hi Group,

With all this talk about Vivaldi web browser, I thought I would give it
a try.  It has promise.  Quick key navigation works; the interface
reminds me of Google Chrome; the text is read quite easily as in other
accessible browsers such as Firefox and Internet Explorer.

There are a series of issues that make it a bit clumsy.  The menus are
similar to Google Chrome.  There is one menu with sub menus which
involve the use of the tree view type navigation system. This isn't  a
big problem once you get use to it.  The main problem I am having is
setting the browser up.  The settings panel is all buttons.  While the
screen changes, it is difficult to keep track of the input and just what
buttons to press to accept the changes.  In other words, there is no OK
button and you really don't know if you have successfully made a change
until you close the settings panel and try the changes out.

In addition, unless there is a way to remove this and because of my
difficulty with the settings panel, there might be, the browser opens
with a navigation panel consisting of buttons. I would really like to
get rid of this panel and have the page load normally as in other browsers.

If anyone else tries out this browser and can figure out just how to
change settings more easily and how to get rid of the start panel that
appears at the top of every page, I would appreciate the information and
this for me would make the browser a reasonable alternative to the other
standard fare.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"