Re: Please Another problem needing help

Richard Kuzma

Question ,

What version of outlook are you using,

Also, I believe if you right click on it and go to properties,

One of the tabs for the icon is compatability mode or something like that.

It is in there that you change it.

Let me know if you need anything else and I will try and help out.

Rich

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Sunday, August 13, 2017 12:11 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Please Another problem needing help

I think I said that I don't know how to do this in Windows 10.  I offered the suggestion so that others could tell you if you want to try it.  We'll see what list members say.

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, August 13, 2017 10:22 AM

Dear Gene,

Please Gene, as I have explained that I lack technical knowledge and carry on the basics that I know to enjoy going on my computer.

How can I try running Outlook in compatibility mode?  I do not know even how to go back to 1603 and was feeling very proud to have successfully upgraded to 1703

Also I do not think I will know how to change from outlook as I have been on it from day one.

Hope you will be able to help.

Thank you all so much.

Plus friends, if I do not reply instantly , I apologise as I am not quick with my actions. I will however come back always

Thank you

Sakina

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Sunday, August 13, 2017 1:17 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Another list member suggested using a different e-mail program.  the message you are getting is because Outlook is crashing and you get that message every time.  The most likely explanation is that there is something in the update of Windows that is causing the problem.  I haven't used the Windows 10 app and I don't know if it is your best option.

One possibility is to try running Outlook in compatibility mode.  I don't know enough about it to comment further but that is probably the first thing to try. 

If that fails, you may want to consider other programs.  If you are using a POP3 account, the Windows 10 app doesn't support POP3.  You will have to use IMAP.  I don't know enough about IMAP to comment on it.

I can tell you that if you are using POP and want to continue using it, you can use either Thunderbird or Windows Live Mail. 

Is there any reason you are using Outlook or are you just using it because you have useed it for a long time?

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Dear all,

I have just managed to update my window 10 creaters update as my turn came as I did check the version and it did happen from 1603 to 1703

I know very little but am learning.

Now the only problem I am encountering is that when I open my outlook to read my emails, it lets me read few and stops by saying that Microsoft has encountered a problem and will notify me if the solution is found. Press alt c to cancel

I then have to keep restarting my outlook again and again as it lets me read few more and cuts off.

I am still using Microsoft office 2003

All else is working fine.

Please I do not know what Gene and Rosmary are talking about installing and un installing this stable version

If that is my problem, can someone help me with step by step instructions please.

I hope the above does make sense in explaining myself.

Thanking you all again.

With many regards always

Sakina

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.