Re: start menu problem

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi david

There are a couple of things you can do. I just had that problem

Use the stable version of the add on if you are using nvda 2017.2 it might be set to development. This can be done in the add on.

Or you could disable it this will show it is it causing it.

Grab the latest stable version of the add on and install it.

Gene nz

On 14/08/2017 10:12, David Griffith wrote:

Actually I think this is a definite bug in the latest NVDA as others on the BCAB list have also complained of this issue.

I too have this issue as described by you since applying the latest update.

Actually what is happening my end is that when I press the Windows key I have now lost all key echo.

So if I press the windows keys and type  Word this will start Microsoft Word but there is absolutely no screen or typing feedback from NVDA from the point I press the windows key until Word has loaded.

So the search box is coming up but NVDA is not reporting on this fact or echoing any of the text typed or search suggestions offered.

Keyboard echo elsewhere works normally.

I am using the Windows 10 Essential add on which may perhaps have something to do with it.

Jaws and Narrator are interacting and reporting mormally the Windows key search box fine here so this is  a problem specific to NVDA.

David Griffith

Sent from Mail for Windows 10