Re: Vivaldi Web Browser: First Impressions

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi

Just looking at it my self not my usual browser but when you go into the
settings You will hear the name of the buttons. So depending which one
you press the space bar on you would then need to use the letter H to
jump to the start of that section. then it is a matter of arrowing
through that section. I just set my home page in it it is not the start
page one.

make your changes then close the screen and the new settings take affect.

the other buttons up the top i would have to look more into them they
might be able to be hidden? maybe the f11 key might do it?

A bit more of a play might make tthings fall into place of what they do.

Gene nz

On 13/08/2017 22:57, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi Group,

With all this talk about Vivaldi web browser, I thought I would give
it a try. It has promise. Quick key navigation works; the interface
reminds me of Google Chrome; the text is read quite easily as in other
accessible browsers such as Firefox and Internet Explorer.

There are a series of issues that make it a bit clumsy. The menus are
similar to Google Chrome. There is one menu with sub menus which
involve the use of the tree view type navigation system. This isn't a
big problem once you get use to it. The main problem I am having is
setting the browser up. The settings panel is all buttons. While the
screen changes, it is difficult to keep track of the input and just
what buttons to press to accept the changes. In other words, there is
no OK button and you really don't know if you have successfully made a
change until you close the settings panel and try the changes out.

In addition, unless there is a way to remove this and because of my
difficulty with the settings panel, there might be, the browser opens
with a navigation panel consisting of buttons. I would really like to
get rid of this panel and have the page load normally as in other
browsers.

If anyone else tries out this browser and can figure out just how to
change settings more easily and how to get rid of the start panel that
appears at the top of every page, I would appreciate the information
and this for me would make the browser a reasonable alternative to the
other standard fare.