Re: The newer dialog interface in Firefox

hi gene.
thanks for your explanation.
i knew how to navigate in firefox options but i wished to restore old
dialog interface with okay and cancel button.
i searched in the google many times with no helpful result.
in about:config there was one option
browser.preferences.inContent
which is removed unfortunately in firefox 42.
but i realy need it and wish to restore it.
i even made in about:config and set it to false with no success!
could you please help and find a solution for this?
thanks so much and God bless you

I changed the subject line because the discussion has nothing to do with the
Vivaldi browser.

The changes don't make it any more difficult to upgrade. If you issue the
command alt h then a and wait briefly and start to tab, you will get to a
button that says update to and then it shows the version you can update to.
This assumes, of course, that updates are available. If you press the space
bar on the button, the update will begin. When you issue the sequence alt h
then a, you may not hear anything spoken after you press a. But, as I said,
if you wait briefly and start to tab, you will hear the fields read. Also,
if you issue the sequence alt t then o, you won't hear anything spoken. If
you tab once, you will be in the list of items such as general, search,
content, etc, as you down arrow through the list. If you down arrow and get
stuck, up arrow once and then continue to down arrow. You can then move
through all the rest of the items.

Whether something is in the about:config interface isn't related to the
Firefox dialogs and how they are displayed. If it was removed, it was
removed. If you explain on list what has been removed, you may get help
with that issue. There may be another way to do what you want. If a new
tab opens, then close it with control f4 and if there are two tabs opened,
the settings tab and the page you were working on, you will be returned to
the page you were previously working on. Again, if you explained the
problems rather than just ask how to do something, you will be far more
likely to get good help. You can ask how to do the thing you want to know
how to do, but if you then explain the problems you are having, you will, as
I said, be far more likely to get good help.

If you just ask how to do something and don't explain the problem that is
prompting you to ask, people will usually address what you ask and that may
not solve the problem.

I may be able to find out how to restore the old dialog interface but
whether I can or not, the change is minor and I've explained all or just
about all you need to know about it. If you have further problems, ask
here.