Re: I am interested in programming for NVDA

Sally Kiebdaj

Hello all,

Thank you for the copious advice!

In the past, I tried MIT OpenCourseware and MITx 6.00 which are both versions of their introduction to computer science course taught in Python. I always ended up in the situation where following the directions keystroke for keystroke generated a syntax error and I had no one to ask for help. This is what I want to avoid by having friends plugging away at it with me and experts on hand for when we bog down.

If others are interested in finding a book/course and slogging through it together, please reply to me privately and I am happy to facilitate communication and coordination off list.

I would also be happy to work through any future NVDA specific programming tutorials.

So, drop me a line if you would like to plod through this in a group with me.

Hope to hear from some of you on this thread.

Regards,

Sally

On 8/13/2017 4:21 PM, John J. Boyer wrote:
You don't have to learn python the hard way. What you need is a tutorial that assumes no probramming experience and no
familiarity with programming concepts. Manuals aren't it. They are for programmers learning a new language. What is
needed is a turorial written by someone who has experience teaching programming from the ground up.

John

On Sun, Aug 13, 2017 at 12:11:01PM -0700, J.G wrote:
Hi,

as I have written, beginners to programing should take a tutorials/manuals, which are simple and explain python in plain language so it can be understandable for all of us. I suggest you: https://learnpythonthehardway.org/ ( https://learnpythonthehardway.org/ )
there are books, which can help you self-teaching coding. these are divided in cca 50 section - exercises. through them you can begin to know how to programing.

warning: if you really want to code, you will have to train yourself a lot.

hope this helps and that in this post I was clearer than in my previous message.

regards, Jo┼żef