Re: silencing nvda while using kurzweil 1000

Monte Single

Thanks for the correction Chris.

This is a key command that I will use several times a day at work.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Chris Mullins
Sent: August-16-17 4:19 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] silencing nvda while using kurzweil 1000

I agree with Peter, sleep mode is the best solution but the command is actually NVDA+Shift+s.  Press this key combination when you first get K1000 in focus.  Now when you alt+tab to a different application, NVDA will start speaking   again but will go to sleep eachn time you alt+tab back into K1000.  This will remain whilst K1000 is loaded but if you close K1000 you will have to re-issue the command.  There is a way of setting a profile with sleep mode enabled for K1000 but I haven’t worked out how to do it yet.

Cheers

Chris

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Peter Beasley
Sent: 15 August 2017 20:23

Personally, I think the sleep mode works better

because if you move to another window wile Kurzweil 1000 is still running, nvda comes back without haveng to turn speach mode on.

Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2017 8:10 PM

Yes, that worked, the speech mode toggle. Thanks.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gerardo Corripio
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2017 12:44 PM

Some years ago, I asked this same question, and I was given some lines of text to write, but for the life of me, can't remember where or how, but since then, when using kurzweil1000 with NVDA, NVDA doesn't talk. I think i saved the file with a certain name, but for the life of me, can't remember how this was done.

El 15/08/2017 a las 01:23 p.m., Arlene escribió:

Oh! I’ll have to give that a try!

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Peter Beasley
Sent: August-15-17 11:19 AM

Put nvda to sleep by holding down the insert and control keys and press the letter S.

Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2017 12:00 PM

Subject: [nvda] silencing nvda while using kurzweil 1000

Hi, is there a way to silence nvda while using an independent speech program like Kurzweil 1000? That way I don’t have two eloquence synths going at once? Which is kind of psychedelic sounding but not very productive.

Thanks, Dave

-- 
Gera
Enviado desde Thunderbird

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.