Re: silencing nvda while using kurzweil 1000

Monte Single

Thanks for the correction Chris.

This is a key command that I will use several times a day at work.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Chris Mullins
Sent: August-16-17 4:19 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] silencing nvda while using kurzweil 1000

I agree with Peter, sleep mode is the best solution but the command is actually NVDA+Shift+s.  Press this key combination when you first get K1000 in focus.  Now when you alt+tab to a different application, NVDA will start speaking   again but will go to sleep eachn time you alt+tab back into K1000.  This will remain whilst K1000 is loaded but if you close K1000 you will have to re-issue the command.  There is a way of setting a profile with sleep mode enabled for K1000 but I haven’t worked out how to do it yet.

Cheers

Chris