Re: I am interested in programming for NVDA

Lenron

I would be up to joining this list as well. Alsways up for learning
something new.

On 8/16/17, nasrin khaksar <nasrinkhaksar3@...> wrote:
hi.
i wish that learn python too.
here the email address of sally that you and james wanted.
Sally Kiebdaj<fiddle.pup@...>

On 8/17/17, Hector Elias <hmelias09@...> wrote:
Correction I was able to find the e-mail, and I have e-mailed Sally
directly.

Hector
On Aug 16, 2017, at 6:58 PM, Hector Elias <hmelias09@...> wrote:

Hello:

I would be interested in joining this group. I have some Python
experience, and will be taking a course at my community college in a few
weeks. Syntax errors are usually caused because there is an error when
using the code. I have seen those courses and I found that sometimes
they
would not describe the syntax correctly; which lead to miss typing the
code. Python is case sensitive, or you might have missed a certain
punctuation mark.

Sally, your e-mail doesn't show up on this thread. I only see the
mailing
list address. Could you send us your e-mail?

Thanks,

hector Elias
On Aug 16, 2017, at 12:52 PM, Sally Kiebdaj <fiddle.pup@...>
wrote:

Hello all,

Thank you for the copious advice!

In the past, I tried MIT OpenCourseware and MITx 6.00 which are both
versions of their introduction to computer science course taught in
Python. I always ended up in the situation where following the
directions
keystroke for keystroke generated a syntax error and I had no one to
ask
for help. This is what I want to avoid by having friends plugging away
at
it with me and experts on hand for when we bog down.

If others are interested in finding a book/course and slogging through
it
together, please reply to me privately and I am happy to facilitate
communication and coordination off list.

I would also be happy to work through any future NVDA specific
programming tutorials.

So, drop me a line if you would like to plod through this in a group
with
me.

Hope to hear from some of you on this thread.

Regards,

Sally

On 8/13/2017 4:21 PM, John J. Boyer wrote:
You don't have to learn python the hard way. What you need is a
tutorial
that assumes no probramming experience and no
familiarity with programming concepts. Manuals aren't it. They are for
programmers learning a new language. What is
needed is a turorial written by someone who has experience teaching
programming from the ground up.

John

On Sun, Aug 13, 2017 at 12:11:01PM -0700, J.G wrote:
Hi,

as I have written, beginners to programing should take a
tutorials/manuals, which are simple and explain python in plain
language so it can be understandable for all of us. I suggest you:
https://learnpythonthehardway.org/ (
https://learnpythonthehardway.org/
)
there are books, which can help you self-teaching coding. these are
divided in cca 50 section - exercises. through them you can begin to
know how to programing.

warning: if you really want to code, you will have to train yourself
lot.

hope this helps and that in this post I was clearer than in my
previous
message.

regards, Jo┼żef

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.