Re: I am interested in programming for NVDA

Gene

I would expect that such a subgroup would be created here so people may want to wait a day or two before joining other groups that aren't as appropriate.

From: Joseph Lee
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2017 11:06 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] I am interested in programming for NVDA

Hi,
Yes and no. Yes, as there are times when someone does ask a Python question over there, and no, many folks over there expect people to know something about Python. Contributing to NVDA Core does require some Python knowledge, at least some basic and intermediate knowledge is required.
A gentler introduction to NVDA Core development is writing NVDA add-ons. After writing add-ons for a while, some would choose to dive deeper into how NVDA works behind the scenes, eventually understanding the internals and contribute something.
Cheers,
Joseph