Re: Basic Training for NVDA - Official NVDA training material now available!

If this message has appeared already then avert your gaze and carry on.

Hello One and All
Well done to Quentin for the book and NV-Access in general
I have just bought the book mainly to support the NVDA project.
To all those who do not want to buy it just think how your computer
would be without NVDA.
You would probably have to spend about 500+ GBP
to get some other screen reader so dig deep and buy it!

John from Woodside Apps.
Accessible Apps and games for mobile devices.
Android - Talking Stones FREE version is at
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=woodsideapps.stones.free
IOS Wallpaper Creation Station is at
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/wallpaper-creation-station/id1089097834?mt=8
Also for great accessible games go to
http://www.22point.com.au

On 14/04/2016 09:35, HBotma wrote:
Hi

What does the certification involve?

Heaven

I have the book and will read it even though I am a good user of most of
nvda.
I will order the others to and maybe I may do the certifficate for
thesheer hell of it.

On 14/04/2016 8:12 p.m., Christopher Hallsworth wrote:
Hi

I’ve just ordered the book after liking the sample and to simply
contribute to the project. Hope you all do the same even if it’s just to
contribute to the project.

On 14 Apr 2016, at 07:47, Quentin Christensen <quentin@nvaccess.org>
wrote:

Hi everyone,

NV Access is very pleased to announce the release of “Basic Training for
NVDA”. This eBook is the first module in the official set of training
materials for learning to use the free NVDA screen reader.

Available now from:
http://www.nvaccess.org/product/basic-training-for-nvda-ebook/

This eBook is suitable for the new and existing user wishing to improve
proficiency.

Topics covered include: Getting started with NVDA and Windows, basic
configuration, writing and editing text, document formatting, file
management, multi-tasking, browsing the web, using the review cursor and
object navigation.

The purchase price of this product supports the work of NV Access and our
ability to provide the NVDA screen reading software free of charge.

Initially the material is available as downloadable electronic text. We
are working on audio and braille formats which will be available in due
course.

Kind regards

--
Quentin Christensen