From: Gene
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2017 1:14 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Did you all miss me huh?

I don't know what you get when you purchase a refurbished computer from a store.  If you purchahse a refurbished machine from a reputable manufacturer, the explanation I've seen is that the machines either were returned with no use or after little use.  I don't know if this varies from manufacturer to manufacturer but the advice I've seen regarding purchasing refurbished machines has dealt with manufacturer refurbished machines.  Perhaps others have more information.

I've also seen, somewhere, the comment that if you purchase a manufacturer refurbished machine, it may be less likely to have defects than purchasing a new machine because manufacturers inspect all machines they intend to sell as refurbishyed machines and bring them up to whatever standards are required of new machines.