Re: 2017.3 RC1

Ashley Wayne

I wish I had that many voice options lol.  For the OneCore voices I only have david, cira and mark.  I am liking david but other choices would be nice.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Quentin Christensen
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2017 6:42 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] 2017.3 RC1

Ok looking at mine:

If I set the Synthesizer to Microsoft Speech API Version 5.  In the Voice Settings I can choose:

- Microsoft David Desktop

- Microsoft Hazel Desktop

- Microsoft Zira Desktop

If I set the synthesizer to Windows OneCore Voices, I can go to Voice Settings and choose between:

- Microsoft David

- Microsoft George

- Microsoft Hazel

- Microsoft Susan

- Microsoft Catherine

- Microsoft Zira

- Microsoft Mark

- Microsoft James

The OneCore voices weren't available in 2017.2.  They have been in Next and Master builds for a little while.  I don't think Microsoft have changed the voices available in Windows 10 lately, but I'm running a fast insider build and I have English US, English Australian and possibly English UK languages installed with the appropriate speech packs.

Regards

Quentin.

On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 10:22 AM, brian <sackriderbrian45@...> wrote:

    Thats what I did and as I said there is only the one new voice mark.

Brian Sackrider

If you are on Windows 10, to get the new OneCore voices, open the synthesizer dialog - NVDA+control+s (or from NVDA's preferences menu) and select "Microsoft OneCore voices" rather than "Microsoft Speech API version 5".

On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 10:06 AM, brian <sackriderbrian45@...> wrote:

        I down loaded nvda 2017.3 and I noticed that the only new voice is Mark and when I set my speed to 80 thats the speed that I use it was not as fast as normally is. I did read the what's new and I did not hear really anything very earth shaking to me. So far I have not incounteredany problems.

Brian Sackrider

On 8/17/2017 10:37 AM, Florian Ionașcu wrote:

Hello, you can download it from here. https://www.nvaccess.org/files/nvda/releases/2017.3rc1/nvda_2017.3rc1.exe

Trimis din Mail pentru Windows 10

De la: Don H
Trimis: joi, 17 august 2017 16:44