From: Damien Sykes-Lindley
Sent: Friday, August 18, 2017 7:18 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] looking for a free YouTube video downloader that supportsplaylists

Hi Travis,

Well actually, Youtube-DL also uses ffmpeg to do the conversions as well – Either that or LibAV. It also sometimes needs other utilities as well like RTMPDump, but pretty much, as long as you want to download original video content from YouTube, then YTDL is pretty much all you need.

Cheers.
Damien.

Sent: Friday, August 18, 2017 3:02 PM

Just for reference, that ponts downloader uses youtube-dl, and ffmpeg to do the conversion, it's just a wrapper around those two programs, so it's truly no jump for you to switch to youtube-dl, since you've already been using it anyway, but just didn't know it.

On 8/18/2017 12:36 AM, Kwork wrote:

Hello,

I'm looking for a YouTube video downloader that supports playlists, and that is NVDA accessible. I'm not looking for anything that converts, so don't want a program that automatically downloads and converts without saving the original video. I've been using Pontes, but that hasn't been as reliable lately. Thanks for any help.

Travis