Re: slightly ot, braille contraction confusion

erik burggraaf <erik@...>

Hi Ann,

I understand the resistance to UEB, but I don't understand why some one thought those comments would be helpful. We are usually a bit more thoughtful around here.

I don't have a firm answer for you, but I was talking to the braille proofers at CNIB a while back and they were frustrated with UEB because every two years or so brought out major and minor revisions to the code. I can only guess that the reference sheet you are using is from one era, while the UEB table in NVDA is from another era. If that's the case, then you can understand some of the frustration. Especially in the case of people who grew up on english grade one and two now trying to make the switch for various reasons.

Anyhow, Maybe some one on this list can provide us the releace date of the UEB braille table which we can check against the releace date of your reference sheet and we can go from there. Hopefully, the braille table is more modern than your reference sheet.

Have a relaxing weekend,

Erik

On August 19, 2017 6:57:00 AM Anne G√ľnther <ag82lca@...> wrote:

Hi Listers,
Sorry, but you telling me that you don't like uefb (either) doesn't
really help me here. :-)
So I'll try to ask the question a bit differently. Why does the uefb
table in nvda shows different symbols/contractions than the official
cheat sheet? And will that be changed or will there be an extra table?
Since there's a fair chance I'll have to teach the stuff there's no
chance of me getting around it in the long run. :-)
take care, Guenni