Re: Doing Google Searches

Rob

Brian Vogel <britechguy@gmail.com> wrote:
I cannot reasonably guess whether someone who posts here regularly is visually-impaired, blind, deaf-blind, or, heaven forfend, sighted such as myself.
Of course you can't. However, text is almost universally accessible, and directing someone to a video or spoken feed rather than a text one is more likely to generate problems. I don't think it is unreasonable to expect a textual explanation, rather than a video or a podcast. Granted, I would not have kicked a person off the list who provided such, but providing information which is universally accessible is a good thing. Almost everyone can read text. Not everyone can see a video or hear a podcast. It is better to provide information which everyone can access. If you disagree on this point, then we'll just have to agree to disagree.