Re: Doing Google Searches

On Sat, Aug 19, 2017 at 10:30 am, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
Some of us have memory issues. I do thanks to an accident.
And you've just done what you should do, identify that issue so that others can actually make reasonable accommodations for it.

I spent six years as the cognitive rehabilitation therapist in a brain injury services program.  One of the first things I tried to instill was the necessity for self-advocacy and self-identification of issues and requesting reasonable accommodations where needed.   As you well know, the world at large is highly unlikely to know any of these things just by looking at you and, as a result, may treat you badly and inappropriately if they're attributing something you do (or don't do) as though you were the random person on the street.

It's been my general observation that the majority of folks, but certainly not all, are more than willing to make accommodations if they know they need to make them.  If they don't then they will make what would be reasonable presumptions about someone else but that don't apply to you due to special circumstances.   It's impossible for any of us to function in the larger world if we don't make presumptions, constantly, because figuring everything out from scratch is grossly inefficient.

            Niels Bohr