giving keyboard commands from a braille display?

Aman Singer

Hi all,

                I am using a VarioUltra 20 with NVDA 2017.3RC1 on Windows 7 X64. I can’t seem to give single key commands to applications using the braille display. Just for example, if I am in Winamp 5.63 and press dots 1-4, the letter c, on the braille display, Winamp does not pause. However, when I press the letter c on the physical keyboard, Winamp pauses as expected. Note that this seems not to be a problem in, for example, list views, but other media programs like VLC also have the issue. This isn’t a huge problem, it can easily be worked around, but it would be nice to have it solved if anyone has any ideas.

Aman