Re: what in the world is happening with firefox and nvda

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi Tony

the link to the page where the other fixes are can be found at
https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/2807#issuecomment-320149243

This is what i just copied off it and there looks to be a reg patch but
think it is for windows 7 or 8.

8. On Windows 10 (both 32 and 64 bit), also enter the following command:
c:\windows\system32\regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\OneCoreCommonProxyStub.dll
9. On Windows 10 64 bit, also enter the following command:
c:\windows\syswow64\regsvr32 c:\windows\syswow64\OneCoreCommonProxyStub.dll

Gene nz

On 21/08/2017 09:13, Tony Ballou wrote:
Hey Gene,

It has said unknown in Thunderbird yes indeed. I haven't played with
edge. However, I am seeing many of those symptoms that you're talking
about in Firefox .

Tony

Hi tony

can you tell me if nvda is doing any of the following? In all browsers
is he saying unknown or will not speak the contents of the web page? did
the page fully load try the f5 key to do this or use the nvda key + f5
key and see if it plays nicely?

Does he work in microsoft edge and read out the contents?

Down on the running application area on the task bar does nvda speak any
of the programs there?

When you hit the applications key does nvda speak any of the menus as
you arrow down it?

If you are running mozilla thunder bird does it say unknown as you tab
into it or try to get to messages or the menus it would be the same for
mozilla fire fox.

Gene nz

On 21/08/2017 08:32, Tony Ballou wrote:
howdy mates

for some reason nVDA and firefox are having quite a time getting along
with each other now. When web pages come up you get the announcement
that the page is up, however, nothing else works. Tabbing through the
page for links, browse mode keystrokes, everything appears to be shot.
Does anyone know what happened, and a fix for it if there is one? Very
strange indeed. using the latest versions of both windows 10 pro and NVda.

Tony