Re: giving keyboard commands from a braille display?

Quentin Christensen

This is something that we have a couple of issues open for, such as: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/7306 (which links to most of the other issues).

There are a couple of workarounds for several scenarios noted in that issue which may work, including using the PC Keyboard braille input addon and having NVDA's "handle keys from other applications" (keyboard settings) checked.

Regards

Quentin.

On Sun, Aug 20, 2017 at 4:50 AM, Aman Singer <aman.singer@...> wrote:

Hi all,

                I am using a VarioUltra 20 with NVDA 2017.3RC1 on Windows 7 X64. I can’t seem to give single key commands to applications using the braille display. Just for example, if I am in Winamp 5.63 and press dots 1-4, the letter c, on the braille display, Winamp does not pause. However, when I press the letter c on the physical keyboard, Winamp pauses as expected. Note that this seems not to be a problem in, for example, list views, but other media programs like VLC also have the issue. This isn’t a huge problem, it can easily be worked around, but it would be nice to have it solved if anyone has any ideas.

Aman

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager