Re: what in the world is happening with firefox and nvda

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I'm a little worried by the fact that one person is now saying that the problem only happens on the RC version of .3.
This would not seem to fit the current understanding of the problem as a Windows issue.
As for a couple of makes of laptop being implicated, this could be due to the way the image was installed on machines, ie cloned from another drive and not installed using the oem cod thus duplicating any errors made when the original machine was set up, ie removing time limited versions of Office demos after the install on the original machine.

I think since many new machines do not have DVD drives this cloning is happening a lot more and hence so will any errors in that image being used.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, August 21, 2017 1:14 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] what in the world is happening with firefox and nvda

This is very likely the same problem that has been discussed many times on the list. Did you remove anything such as a Microsoft office program or Microsoft Office? You need to run a command line command to register dll files that have become unregistered. That may solve the problem. If it doesn't, I'm not sure what the solution is. Running a restore point, I would think might solve the problem if you run one from before the program or programs were uninstalled and then you leave the resurrected programs in place. There may be other possible solutions but if there are, we'll see if people know of any.

Gene
----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, August 20, 2017 3:49 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] what in the world is happening with firefox and nvda

Make full screen mode is off by pressing F11.

On 8/20/2017 4:32 PM, Tony Ballou wrote:
howdy mates

for some reason nVDA and firefox are having quite a time getting along
with each other now. When web pages come up you get the announcement
that the page is up, however, nothing else works. Tabbing through the
page for links, browse mode keystrokes, everything appears to be shot.
Does anyone know what happened, and a fix for it if there is one? Very
strange indeed. using the latest versions of both windows 10 pro and NVda.

Tony

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.