Re: question

anthony borg

Hi gene

The insert key on my qwerty keyboard is the zero key as well.

Thanks

Kind regards

Anthony  

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene New Zealand
Sent: 20 August 2017 22:56
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] question

Hi

under the keyboard settings is the extended insert key checked? Here I have all 3 checked. I just tried it with the extended insert key with the others ctrl key + either up or down to ajust the volume

It worked nicely a little bit different but could be done with the one hand.

I guess i am just use to using 2 hands to do the same job.

by the way is your keyboard a full qwerty keyboard? I have seen machines that might have 2 insert keys or 2 extended insert keys but do not know what the second key is for unless it does the same job.The extended insert key on my qwerty keyboard is the zero key. maybe you are pressing the wrong one? or do you have it marked?

Gene nz

On 20/08/2017 20:17, anthony borg wrote:

Hi gene

I am aware that I have to press it twice, but the problem is that it doesn’t announce on or off, it just peeps.

If there is a way of how to do it announcing it,

Can you please explain to me how to do it?

Thanks in advance

Anthony

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene New Zealand
Sent: 20 August 2017 01:55
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] question

Hi

You are probably aware that if the caps lock key is selected as a modifier key it has to be hit 2 times to turn caps lock on and two for off..

if it is selected as the modifier key then it would be that key and say the letter N to get into the preferences of nvda.

here unless i am writing some thing unless it is more than a letter i just use the shift key for just one letter and if i want all of them capitalized I might then put that key on to do it then turn it off.

Gene nz

On 20/08/2017 00:38, anthony borg wrote:

Hi list

Can someone help me to figure out this problem please?

On my laptop I use the sticky keys to be able to use the keyboard with one hand, but since I started to use the n v d a, I am meeting this problem. ?

Since I started to use the capslock as n v d a, now I can’t use it to write a capital letter, as usual, if any n v d a programmer can help me to solve this problem I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks in advance

Anthony

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.