From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Hector Elias
Sent: Monday, August 21, 2017 7:50 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Request for comments: an outline of a complete course on NVDAinternals and code contributions

Hello Brian:

I have used a braille display to code with python; however, I mostly code with just speech. What I tend to do is read through the code, and with experience I know what blocks of code need to be indented. I can read by character to count the number of spaces if necessary. As a convention in the books I have read, four spaces are used instead of the tab key.

I hope this helps,

Hector Elias
On Aug 21, 2017, at 2:00 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

Also, I'm of the opinion that many if not all programmers are using Braille displays or can see the screen with sufficient magnification. Is it actually possible to do this with just speech. I'm thinking of the strict syntax and tabs needed for Python to work.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-