The easiest and quickest way to find out what keys are what is to turn on input help it is the nvda key + 1 on the main qwerty keyboard.   Press it again to turn it off.

Hope this helps.

Gene nz

On 22/08/2017 00:18, anthony borg wrote:

Hi gene

Can you please explain to me where is the extended insert key on the keyboard?

Thanks in advance anthony

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene New Zealand
Sent: 20 August 2017 22:56
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] question

Hi

under the keyboard settings is the extended insert key checked? Here I have all 3 checked. I just tried it with the extended insert key with the others ctrl key + either up or down to ajust the volume

It worked nicely a little bit different but could be done with the one hand.

I guess i am just use to using 2 hands to do the same job.

by the way is your keyboard a full qwerty keyboard? I have seen machines that might have 2 insert keys or 2 extended insert keys but do not know what the second key is for unless it does the same job.The extended insert key on my qwerty keyboard is the zero key. maybe you are pressing the wrong one? or do you have it marked?

Gene nz

.

On 20/08/2017 20:17, anthony borg wrote:

Hi gene

I am aware that I have to press it twice, but the problem is that it doesn’t announce on or off, it just peeps.

If there is a way of how to do it announcing it,

Can you please explain to me how to do it?

Thanks in advance

Anthony