Re: voice pitch not changing when capitalizing a letter

Jim Homme

Hi,

I think this is a legitimate enhancement request, so I’m going to check to see if there is an issue on the GitHub site that addresses it, and if not, put it out there.

Thanks.

jim

==========

Jim Homme,

Team Lead and Accessibility Consultant,

Bender HighTest Accessibility Team

Bender Consulting Services, Inc.,

412-787-8567,

jhomme@...

http://www.benderconsult.com/our%20services/hightest-accessible-technology-solutions

E+R=O

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Giles Turnbull
Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 2:20 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] voice pitch not changing when capitalizing a letter

I agree that it's when I'm proof reading that I find the beep for capitals helpful. I have a configuration profile for editing documents before I submit them anywhere, in which I have the punctuation level set to all, and slow the speed down a little, and it would be helpful to have the beep for a capital sounding as I move through the document line by line, rather than having to navigate to the specific place where there should be a capital letter so I can hear the beep as I move by character.

I don't believe the change in pitch for capitals is audible at all unless the Say Cap for Capitals seting is on. Even with it set to 100, I don't hear any change in pitch with Microsoft Zira voice without that audible Cap announcement and, for me, that's more of a distraction than it's worth when I'm editing.

Giles

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.